Monday, March 16, 2009

New Shoes

Do you remember as a kid how exciting it was to get new shoes, there was nothing better! How wonderful life would be if a simple pair of new shoes was all it took to have a sunny outlook on life. Duke would tell you that it still works for me, and maybe it does a little!

There have been two new pairs of shoes in the last couple days, for two little girls.
  • The first is Arianna and she got a new pair of galoshes (sp?) for her birthday from me! They were pink and purple and she LOVED them, it was one of her favorite gifts. Cindy said she wore them around the house and put them on her stuffed puppy!

  • The second little girl is Sara. She tried telling me yesterday afternoon that her Dora shoes had a hole in them and I kept looking at the back of the shoe. We were then outside and I noticed that her toes were practically sticking out the front of her shoe. We took a trip to Target to find new shoes. We were hoping for more Dora ones but they didn't have her size. I think we tried on 6 different pairs of tennis shoes and, as she put it "Deese don't feel so good." I then turned around to see her putting on these shoes. She put them on by herself and them proclaimed, "Mommy, deese are perfect." How do you argue with that? She was so proud to wear them to school today. When she was walking down the steps with daddy this morning she sort of tripped and she told Duke, "Wow, these shoes are pretty fancy." Makes me smile!

So I have to share two quotes from Sara, she has no lack of good things to say...

I was helping her in the bathtub last night and she said "Mommy, I sure do appreciate your help." I started to laugh and she responded "But mommy, I really do."

Duke was getting her ready for school this morning and he told her to go potty, she insisted she didn't have to go but he told her to sit on the potty anyway, she did, and a short while later Duke asked her if she was done, her response, "No, and I don't have all week to wait."

She brings bright smiles to our faces every day!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable shoes for an adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete