Thursday, March 12, 2009

Busy week

Well, it's been a busy week so far. I am ready for Friday to be here!
We celebrated both Jesse and Duke's birthday's this week which was fun. Both birthday's were sport themed. Jesse had a hockey themed birthday while Duke's was all about golf. They were both pretty happy, in face, Duke came to bed late because he wanted to swing his new clubs just one more time. : )
Both Hailey and Sara got their hair cut this week and Ollie is scheduled for Saturday. I think Hailey was just as excited to get her hair cut this time as she was in December when she lopped it all off. Very exciting to see! Sara feels fancy when she gets her haircut because Miss Kim who cuts her hair always blow dries and curls it, it is quite a sight to see.
Jesse had his first job interview on Wednesday at Fleet Farm. We were starting to think he would never get a call. He filled out at least 12 different applications for entry level positions and this was his first bite. When I interviewed for my first job at Burger King moons ago, I basically walked in, they asked if I wanted a job, they asked me a couple questions and I started pretty much the next day. Times have changed. Jesse may be the only 16 year old who goes to a job interview for a cashier position and brings a resume fully filled out detailing his accomplishments at school. He also explained that not only would he fit as a cashier but he would also be a good fit for their sporting goods opening because of his background in sports. He did comment that "he felt pretty good about his interview, especially when he realized that the kid interviewing after him didn't have a resume." He was told that he would hear within a week or so either way. We're keeping our fingers crossed.
At this point I'm looking forward to the weekend and another birthday party, this time a circus themed one for my niece Arianna, it should be very exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Pretyy impressive for a 16 year old and his first job interview he should get it just on that alone. I will keep my fingers crossed too.

    ReplyDelete