Sunday, June 7, 2009

What ever happend to...

Do you ever wonder how some things all seem to come up at the same time and they all seem to be related? In the last couple of weeks I have tried to better understand my Facebook account that I created on a whim. My stepkids have Facebook accounts and people on the radio really started to talk about having a Facebook account so I thought I would give it a try. When you start your account it asks you questions like "Where did you graduate from and what year?" so I put in my high school, which was Park Sr High in Cottage Grove and 1990 for the year I graduated. This would allow all of those people I went to high school with to find me on Facebook. It's interesting who you hear from on Facebook, I have a whopping 8 friends currently so it's been slow going, but that is ok! I have had three people seek me out that I graduated with, none of whom I hung out with in high school, all to say "It's nice to see you on here", or "We're planning out 20 year reunion, hope to see you there." So I started to think, WOW 20 year reunion, I remember when my 5 year came up and I thought "Nope, high school is still too fresh in my mind, not ready to go back there yet." Then my 10 year came up, again, it seemed too fresh in my mind. The 15 year came and went with no invitation, probably because they couldn't find me due to my multiple addresses during the previous years! Well, now they have found me and 20 years will happen next summer. Not sure I am ready yet? It gets you thinking though...I wonder whatever happened to...(fill in the blank). 20 years is a long time passed and you wonder what paths everyone else took. I have done my share of searching on Facebook to try to find "friends" from the past, haven't had much luck.
Well today, we went to church (I hate to admit we haven't been there in a while). Our regular Pastor was on vacation so we had a sub and his sermon title was..."What ever happened to..." His lead in story was about all of the graduations and reunions that seem to be popping up and he even mentioned something about 20 year reunions! So I think to myself, "Is this a sign that I am supposed to attend my 20 year?" I didn't have the best years in high school, I didn't really fit in with one particular group but I tried to be nice to everyone. I remember the years of trying to figure out where I would hide during lunch because I didn't have anyone to eat with or dreading the pep rallies in the gym for the same reason, I didn't have anyone that would befriend me during that time. So, am I really ready to face all of the people of whom I didn't share much in common with? Luckily I have a year to think about it and try to decide if I really want to go there or not? I started to think also about how long ago 20 years was and what was cool back then. I loved and still love music so I searched some sites on the internet and found this cool link... you can fill in what year you want to see and it will show you the top tunes of that time, the link is http://www.myflashfetish.com/mp3-search.php?top=2008 (it automatically comes up with 2008 but all you have to do is change the year).
Have fun reminiscing and do your own "What ever happened to..."

No comments:

Post a Comment